IF YOU START WITH THE OLDEST POST, IT READS LIKE A BOOK. (Mostly) A BOOK. (Mostly)


This blog has moved to www.mommyhasissues.com.
You will be redirected to that site in 5 seconds.
If you are not redirected, please click the link above.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

An Amazing, Inspiring Blogger Award


I have been nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.  Really?  That’s pretty awesome! (I was going to say amazing. I guess I say it a lot.  I never realized until my 2yr old started saying that she thinks everything is amazing. I also learned that I say apparently a lot. I probably shouldn’t tell you these things because now whenever you read my stuff you’re apparently going to notice every amazing thing I say.)

I was nominated by an inspiring, very funny blogger The Zookeepers Wife. She writes at www.tzookeeperswife.blogspot.com and don’t forget to type in t and not the, because if you do it will take you to this VERY strange blog about Nazi’s and gardens and zoos.  Unless you’re wanting to learn about those things, then by all means go there. I myself like to learn about Nazi’s and zoo’s, not so much gardens. I kill everything non-breathing.  And you can’t count that photosynthesis sciencey crap. Even though it involves oxygen.  It doesn’t involve lungs so it’s not real breathing. I kill things without lungs.  Although fish don’t have lungs and I’m not really good at keeping fish alive either…maybe I need to rethink my argument?

Somehow I have gotten a WAY off track here.

Check out www.tzookeeperswife.blogspot.com.  She’s funny!

The rules of the award:

1.Link back to the person who nominated you. (Check!)

2.Post award image on your site. (Umm…can I just post a picture? Maybe I’ll have Ginger draw me an award and I take a picture of that.)
Okay. Ginger decided that rather than draw a picture, she wanted to be IN a picture.

3.List 7 random facts about yourself. (Well I think I’ve already given you several random facts about myself.)  1. I get off track INCREDIBLY easy and I am a serial plant/fish killer.  2. I say words like: apparently, definitely, amazing, totally, holy crap, and incredible….(many more) WAY too much. 3. I love to use LOTS of exclamation marks and CAITALIZATION! It makes me feel very powerful and amazing!!  IT’S KIND OF LIKE YOU’RE LETTING ME YELL AT YOU IN YOUR HEAD. YOU LET ME DO THIS AND YOU CAN’T EVEN SAY NO!! Unless you just stop reading. I guess that would be bad.  You could just be like “Forget that! I’m not going to take this abuse anymore!” Maybe I shouldn’t yell in people’s heads so much? 4. I like to read to learn. I’ve read about Nazi’s, zoos, other people’s lives…. 5. I can’t believe people actually read what I write or tell me that they like it or find it inspiring. That’s just crazy to me. I was terrified to start writing about Oli and the beginning of her life. But, I needed to say it. I thought that if I told people that I was sad in the beginning and thought that it was unfair, you would hear “I don’t love my daughter.” I never wanted anyone to ever think that I didn’t love her. Of course that was ridiculous. You never heard that at all. You heard “This is hard sometimes.” It’s just something my head told me.  I have since learned that I can’t fix the shite in my head with the shite in my head.  6.  I love my kids, family, and friends more than anything in the world.  I feel so incredibly blessed and lucky to have such a supportive, understanding, and amazing circle around me.  7. I just wanted to tell my story because I thought that it might help someone else feel less alone and thought that I would be mostly talking about Oli.  Little did I know what the story was really about and all that I would come to learn about myself.  My main goal still remains to help someone else.

4.Nominate 15 other bloggers.

5.Notify the bloggers that you nominated them.

First is my very good friend and a very inspiring mother, Lacey.  Her son is autistic and her humor, courage, determination, and attitude have always made me want to be better. http://www.johnnysjourney123.blogspot.com/

Next is my other good friend and inspiring mother, Bridget.  Bridget has a sweet little girl with Oli’s same eye condition. Faith has bilateral anophthalmia and is partially deaf. Bridget and Faith’s journey has been long and hard, but their spirituality and incredible resilience is remarkable. www.superbabyfaith.com

My friend Jill also has a daughter, Ella, with bilateral anophthalmia. She is just the absolute cutest little thing you will ever see. Jill and Ella always find the humor in life and that is one of the most inspirational things I’ve found. http://ibfamlife.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/running-well/

My friend Heather has a son with bilateral anophthalmia and he is also deaf.  She is super inspiring. I had the opportunity to finally meet her and her son, Orion, in person this weekend at the Deaf-blind Symposium.  www.hexwit.blogspot.com
 
Another blogger that I found when I started my wordpress site (I’m in the process of switching all of my content to www.mommyhasissues.com) is Charity.  Her daughter has Cri du Chat. http://mydanceintherain.org/ 
Charity has 7 kids! And she’s still alive! She’s not even in a straight jacket…or more importantly…she’s not in jail. Which is where I would probably be if I had 7 kids.  Yep. Give me 7 kids and I will go to jail.  I will be there for murdering my husband. If that’s not inspiring, I don’t know what is?

My friend, Amy, just started a blog about her life raising a son with ADHD. She is also funny and inspiring. http://www.themommabearchronicles.blogspot.com/

I don’t personally know the woman who writes this blog, but I really like it and enjoy reading it. She has a daughter with an undiagnosed condition.  http://phoebeholmes.com/

This is another blog that I really like. She actually writes two and I’m going to nominate them both. Her first is about her life as a mother. http://littlestepsblogdotcom.wordpress.com/

And the second, she writes about authors and where they lived and died. It’s really interesting! http://wheretheylivedandlie.wordpress.com/
 
This one is written by the inspiring and very funny Lexi Sweatpants.  She has a daughter with Down syndrome and a son with autism.  http://www.mostlytruestuff.com/

 

I know that it’s not 15 and I’m sure there are some that I’m forgetting, but I can’t think of any more right now. I will come back and add to my list. 

By the way, if I nominated you and you don't want to do it...that's totally fine. I have been asked a few times to do this kind of thing, one of them was a Liebster award? and I never did it.  I just don't want to be a bloghole and blow them off. I really do appreciate the nominations.  Not that you would be a bloghole or unappreciative if you didn't want to do it.  Oh dear...this is not coming out right.

I never did it before because I just don't find me all that interesting. It's hard for me to tell you random things about myself. I can, however, tell you all about my misery, total sadness, wanting to curl up and die, poop stories, throw up stories, boogers...and many more. Now that I write it, I should have had nooooo problem filling out the questions!

Thank you so much Tamara for nominating me. I really appreciate it.  

I can now add a new word to my list of words that I say too much: inspiring.

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment