IF YOU START WITH THE OLDEST POST, IT READS LIKE A BOOK. (Mostly) A BOOK. (Mostly)


This blog has moved to www.mommyhasissues.com.
You will be redirected to that site in 5 seconds.
If you are not redirected, please click the link above.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Tragedy


"Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck.  This is the most extraordinaary thing about motherhood- finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." -Jodi Picoult

Obviously I wrote and published the previous post before watching the news. Terribly bad timing on my part. There is nothing funny about what happened today.  Sometimes you just can't laugh through things.  My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims.  I pray that they find peace and that their babies find peace.  Things like this happen and we are only left with questions and heart ache.
As a mother I cannot even imagine what those mothers are going through right now.  It reminds me even more to appreciate this amazing life that I have and my 4 beautiful children.  My heart absolutely breaks for anyone who has lost a child.  I have been through a lot with Oliana but, I do not believe that I would survive losing her. 

No comments :

Post a Comment